Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Flower Girl, A Third Grader and A BOY!

I'm very aware lately of Emme.  She can carry on quite the conversation and her once chubby legs are looking longer by the minute.  She is tinkering on the edge of full blown girlhood...but still has just enough "little" in her to make me wanna' remember every endearing way she mis-says something, her semi-coordinated run, the way her giggle can't help but make you giggle and her scrumptious little cheeks...






There is something about watching your girls grow up before your very eyes that makes you more aware of the moments when they seem to slide backwards (even if it's just for a second or two)...




And you take snap shots as often as you can with your mind (or maybe your iphone:) because you know that someday they won't fit on your lap anymore...



And thank goodness for the highlights in their childhood like this one, both girls worked hard and couldn't wait to perform in their end of the year ballet recital The Little Mermaid...



Emme was thrilled to have her, "FIRST TIME ON STAGE!!"





And I think it would be safe to say that she also had one of the highlights of her life so far when the day for her to fulfill her duties as a flower girl finally arrived!




I had the best time watching her take the whole thing in.  She truly believes that Hallie is Barbie in the flesh and also wishes she could be her new mom :)  Not to worry she told me I can be her aunt now instead...and if all else fails her backup plan is for us to just adopt Hallie...she's thought of everything :)



I actually totally get it...Hallie just might be the closest thing to Barbie I've ever seen and if she wasn't now happily married I'd totally adopt her.  When the big day rolled around some pampering was in order and Aunt Kim never lets us down...




She made the most lovely little flower girl I've ever seen (I'm totally biased of course as I should be:)...



There was an overdose of cute little people...











I also had the sweetest moment when I walked out on the lawn to find my seat and saw Carter looking absolutely precious (and like quite the little lady) sipping a drink next to my favorite guy in the whole world...these three make me so happy...



We had such a fun night...






And I loved watching my girls dance their hearts out...it's a sweet thing to see them so full of joy...





I'm not sure I've ever seen Emme more enamored by an experience...it was perfect from start to finish...



Moving on to other perfect things and SUMMER tops the list!  Hip Hip Hooray for busting Carter out of school on the last day...



Freedom!!



And she's officially a third grader!  What the heck?! 



I'm gonna' need an entire Summer of sprinklers, popsicles, pool time and nothingness to properly digest this information...










In other news we took the opportunity to celebrate our favorite guy and the fact that he is the best dad in the entire world for Father's Day...



You probably think I'm just saying that but he really is THE. BEST. DAD.  He puts up with all sorts of girly shenanigans...






And he is their biggest fan (most recently at our first open track meet of the summer where the girls both had a blast)...





There's a million reasons he's their favorite but he fact that he does things like this has to be somewhere at the top of the list...










I couldn't love him more (the one on the left, but you're a great dad too Bryan:)...



And while I know he would happily spend his days surrounded by the craziness a house full of females brings this time next year things will be a little more even in the gender department around here... 



Yep...It's a BOY!  



Luckily we're getting lots of practice hanging out with our favorite little guy...







I know the next four months are going to fly by but we plan on making the most of the Summer ahead! Cheers to sunshine and lazy days :)

1 comment:

SADIE said...

CONGRATS! That video was the sweetest thing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails